Time: October 18, 2018 from 8am to 5pm
Location: Morgan Stanley, New York
Street: 1585 Broadway
City/Town: New York, NY 10036
Website or Map: https://hostageus.org/event/o…
Event Type: seminar
Organized By: Hostage US
Latest Activity: Aug 30
Hostage US is holding a day-long seminar in New York on October 18th, 2018. We are pleased to announce our agenda, which features leading experts who will share their insights into how organizations can effectively support their employees both during and after an employee kidnapping. Our fantastic lineup of speakers includes:
- Lisa Monaco, former Assistant to President Obama for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
- Jason Rezaian, journalist, The Washington Post and former hostage
- Lydia Lin, legal duty of care expert
- Erin Pelton, Managing Director, Mercury LLC
- Julia Nesheiwat, Presidential Deputy Envoy for Hostage Affairs, USG
- Sharbil Nammour, Global Head of Security and Risk, Vice News
- Members of the Family Engagement Team on the Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell
- Elizabeth Goetter, Ph.D, clinical psychologist in the Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders and Home Base at Massachusetts General Hospital
- JP Phillippe, Hostage US Family Support Volunteer
This seminar, tailored towards organizations, will provide an opportunity to learn about how organizations can effectively support families and assist former hostages in reintegration to the workplace. Our esteemed selection of speakers will address key questions facing those responsible for kidnap response.
From this event, organizations will learn valuable information on organizational responsibilities and legal liabilities in relation to kidnapping, partnership with the US government in the event of the kidnapping of staff, and recent trends in international kidnapping.
If you are with a nonprofit organization or a member of ISMA, ASIS, or INSSA, you are eligible for a discounted rate. This event is closed to members of the media.
To see the full agenda and to register online, please visit https://hostageus.org/event/